- Name: Student Challenge International 2018 (SCI 2018)
- Theme: Convergence & Creativity
In the age of the coming intelligent machine era, SCI committee considers convergence idea as one of the most import paradigm to get creativity in art, design and technology. SCI 2018 focuses on all kinds of convergence idea, expression, and technology in the form of technology and engineering, science, humanity, art and design.
SCI is an international academic exhibition of student works for convergence in all disciplines. It is a platform for understanding of various major studies, exchange of convergence idea, and exhibition of creative student works from all university disciplines. SCI values high creative human intelligence, supports convergence among different disciplines as source of innovation and creativity, and plays the role of connecting next generation leaders to lead a creative and abundant future.
A student work is to be submitted to one of the four sessions, (1) Humanity, (2) Engineering & Technology, (3) Science, and (4) Art & Design. All submitted works will be reviewed and can be candidates for awarding. Please submit your work on the official web site (http://sci.iacst.org). Detail information of submission can be found on the site.
All submitted works by students will be evaluated by the official Evaluation Committee. Evaluation criteria focus on Design motive, Creativity of the idea, and Completeness of the project, and Effect to our ecosystem. SCI introduces worldwide multi-discipline experts as jury members.
All awarded student works will have the following benefits.
- Certificate & Plaque: All student winners will receive a plaque or a certificate.
- Prize Money: Designated prize money will be awarded to special awards.
- Media Promotion: All selected works will be displayed on internet including SCI official web site and various media.
SCI 2018 will be held in Yuanpei College of Shaoxing University in China. It will be held with ICCT 2018 (the largest international conference on Culture Technology) and participants of SCI 2018 can enjoy the conference too.
Over two hundred works from more than ten countries are expected to be submitted for SCI 2018. The countries include China, Korea, India, Indonesia, Japan, Malaysia, Russia, Thailand, USA, Vietnam, and Europe countries.
- Submission: May 1, 2018 ~ October 10, 2018
- Evaluation: October 11 ~ 20, 2018
- Registration Deadline: October 10, 2018
- Award Ceremony: November 17, 2018, (Mirrorlake Hotel, Shaoxing, China)
- Exhibition Period: November 15 ~ 18, 2018 (Yuanpei College of Shaoxing University)
Registration is needed per work submission and it includes exhibition participation, a certificate of participation, and one copy of workbook.
- Regular registration: US$ 150
(If any, name of supporting organization/funding project will be printed in the workbook.)
- Student registration w/o Funding: US$ 80
(In case the registration is done by private expense, without financial support from any organization)
- Prof. Hyeyoung Ko (firstname.lastname@example.org) and Prof. Xiayingchong(email@example.com)
Hosted byInternational Association for Convergence Science & Technology (http://iacst.org),
Korea Science & Art Forum (http://www.ksaforum.or.kr),
Zhijiang College of Zhejiang Univ. of Technology, Shaoxing, China (http://www.zjc.zjut.edu.cn/)
Yuanpei College, Shaoxing University, Shaoxing, China
Yuexiu University of Foreign Language, Shaoxing, China
In Cooperation withDesign Intelligence Award (http://www.di-award.org)
Sponsored byOriental Consultants Global, Japan
Jinggong Holding Group, China
Korea Institute of Design promotion
Pinetree Associates, Korea